Commercial litigation refers to the legal process by which disputes arising from commercial transactions are resolved in court. It involves lawsuits between businesses, as well as between businesses and individuals. Some common types of commercial litigation include:
· Contract disputes: involving disputes over the terms of a contract between businesses or between a business and an individual.
· Intellectual property disputes: involving disputes over patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
· Partnership disputes: involving disputes between partners in a business.
· Corporate governance disputes: involving disputes between a company and its shareholders or board of directors.
· Antitrust and competition law disputes: involving allegations of anti-competitive behavior, such as price fixing or monopolistic practices.
· Consumer protection disputes: involving disputes over false advertising, unfair business practices, or deceptive trade practices.
Commercial litigation can be complex and time-consuming, requiring a thorough understanding of the law, business practices, and the specific industry in question. At Trexler & Zhang LLP, we can provide the advocacy and representation necessary to navigate the commercial litigation process and achieve a favorable outcome.
· Reviewing and evaluating the merits of a potential case
· Drafting and filing legal complaints or responses
· Conducting pre-trial discovery, including the gathering and exchange of evidence
· Representing clients in court and in settlement negotiations
· Advising clients on the risks and benefits of various legal strategies
· Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
· Representing clients in appeals
As experienced commercial litigation attorneys, we provide valuable expertise and representation to businesses and individuals involved in commercial disputes. We can help navigate the complex legal process, protect clients' rights and interests, and work to achieve the best possible outcome. Whether you are involved in a contract dispute, intellectual property dispute, partnership dispute, or any other type of commercial litigation, we can provide the advocacy and representation you need.